Serves 4 to 6 Total Time 2.5 hours
– 1 pack Holy Cow 50/50 Crumble (454g)
– 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
– 2 medium onions, finely chopped (approx 1 ½ cups)
– 2 celery stalks, finely chopped (approx 1 cup)
– ½ cup dry red wine
– 3 cups stock (vegetable stock preferred)
– 3 Tbsp. tomato paste
– Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
– 1 lb. tagliatelle or fettuccine
– Finely grated Parmesan (for serving)
Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onions, celery, and carrots. Sauté until soft, 8-10 minutes. Add Holy Cow 50/50 Crumble, sauté, breaking it up with a spoon, until browned, about 15 minutes. Add wine; boil 1 minute, stirring often and scraping up any browned pieces stuck to the pot. Add 2 ½ cups stock and tomato paste; stir to blend. Reduce heat to very low and gently simmer, stirring occasionally, approx 90 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season with salt; add pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until 1 minute before al dente. Drain.
Add sauce and toss to coat. Serve with Parmesan.