Serves 6 Total Time 1 hour 20 minutes
– 1 box of Holy Cow 50/50 Crumble
– ½ c. uncooked rice
– 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
– 1 medium onion, chopped
– 2 tbsp. tomato paste
– 3 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes
– 1 ½ tsp. dried oregano
– Kosher salt
– Freshly ground black pepper
– 6 bell peppers, tops and cores removed
– 1 c. shredded Mozzarella (or cheeses of your choice)
– Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
Preheat oven to 400°. In a small saucepan, cook rice according to package instructions.
In a large pan over medium heat, heat oil. Cook onion until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomato paste and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute more. Add Holy Cow 50/50 Crumble and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, 6 minutes.
Add the cooked rice and diced tomatoes. Season with oregano, salt, and pepper. Let simmer until liquid has reduced slightly, about 5 minutes.
Place peppers cut side-up in a baking dish and drizzle with oil. Spoon the HOLY COW 50/50 CRUMBLE mixture into each pepper and top with cheese, then cover baking dish with foil.
Bake until peppers are tender, about 35 minutes. Uncover and bake until cheese is bubbly, 10 minutes more.
Garnish with parsley before serving.